What Are Premium IOLs?
Premium intraocular lenses (IOLs) are new lenses that we implant in the eye after removing your cataracts. IOLs give patients a chance to renew their vision while removing an old, clouded lens. Comparable to your natural lens, IOLs can improve other eyesight problems, like nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), age-related farsightedness (presbyopia), and abnormal corneal shape (astigmatism). Previously, patients only had the choice of monofocal or regular IOLs. With advancements in the eye care industry, we can now offer premium lenses that provide a plethora of benefits, including not having to wear contacts or eyeglasses anymore. At Palm Beach Eye Center, you’ll love the variety of options we offer, such as standard and premium IOLs. If you would like to learn more about your intraocular lens choices, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our Lake Worth, FL ophthalmologist team.
Types of Intraocular Lenses
"Great, professional and organized!"- P.W. / Google / Jul 16, 2021
"First time here yet the entire staff made me feel welcomed like I’ve been coming for years. Thank you!"- P.F. / Google / Jul 15, 2021
"Love dr Wallshein he is amazing as well as the girl Alice who gave my eye test!Also the lovely girl who spent 45min helping me find just the right glasses!(sorry forget her name) Such kind loving professional people there!"- C.O. / Google / Jul 13, 2021
"Exceptional Opthalmologist. You have to understand that he sees many patients per day. Some visits take longer than others so wait time can vary. It is well worth the wait. Doctors are very busy. he only needs to spend a few minutes with me for a 6 month follow up. I may wait 30 minutes to an hour to see him for 5-10 minutes but he knows what he is doing and I am confident in his ability. You should be looking for one of the best and Dr. Wallshein is."- A.C. / Healthgrades / Jun 30, 2021
"Great customer service! Nice people 5*****"- N.B. / Google / Jun 30, 2021
Types of IOLs
At Palm Beach Eye Center, our board-certified eye doctors have extensive experience in helping patients select the best types of premium lenses. During a consultation, we will discuss your surgery's ins and outs and develop a strategy for your needs. In addition to an in-depth discussion about your preferences, lifestyle choices, budget, and medical history, your consultation will include an overview of the femtosecond laser technology, which provides safe and effective results during your cataract procedure. Our doctors will take the time you need to discuss the benefits of all our IOL choices so you feel knowledgeable and confident about your selection. We offer:
- Multifocal IOLs: These premium lenses provide a variety of benefits that enhance your range of vision for close, intermediate, and long distances. Patients can select from TECNIS® Multifocal, ReSTOR®, and PanOptix® IOLs. These options may also decrease your astigmatism and reduce your need for glasses.
- Accommodative IOLs: When it comes to your eye, accommodation refers to the natural process that helps your eye muscles adjust the lens to improve ocular performance. Accommodative IOLs mimic this ability so they adjust with the eye and improve visual acuity at multiple distances.
- Extended Range IOLs: This newer lens has increased focus ability that enhances visual clarity in near, middle, and far distances. They work well for patients with presbyopia, and some of the types we offer include TECNIS Symfony™ and ALCON Extended Range IOLs.
- Toric IOLs: These are monofocal but provide patients with another premium option for addressing nearsightedness, farsightedness, and age-related vision loss. We can also offer these options for patients with astigmatism. TECNIS Toric, TECNIS Symfony Toric, and PanOptix Toric Femto. Some patients may need to wear glasses during certain activities with these implants.
- Standard IOLs: Providing comfort and ease, these monofocal implants work well for one focal point. Although you will have clear vision for distance, you may still need glasses for routine activities.
Improved Vision After Cataract Surgery
If you have suffered from cloudy vision because of cataracts, intraocular lenses can provide multiple benefits that improve your overall comfort and vision. While researching IOL options may seem overwhelming, we want you to know we’ll be with you every step of the way. Please schedule an appointment at Palm Beach Eye Center in Lake Worth, FL or Delray Beach, FL to learn more about how IOLs can enhance your eyesight and well-being. To make it easier for you, we take multiple insurance companies and provide payment plans so you don’t choose between money and having high-quality eyesight.