Pink eye, also known as conjunctivitis, is one of the most common and treatable eye conditions in children and adults. It is an inflammation of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear tissue that lines the inside of the eyelid and the white part of the eyeball. This inflammation makes blood vessels more visible and gives the eye a pink or reddish color.
These are the Symptoms
- Redness or swelling of the white of the eye or inside the eyelids
- Increased amount of tears
- White, yellow or green eye discharge
- Itchy eyes
- Burning eyes
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Gritty feeling in the eye
- Crusting of the eyelids or lashes
The “What & Why” causes Pink Eye?
- First is usually: Bacteria
- Secondly: Viruses
- Third: Allergan’s
- Fourth: Irritants