There are 7 conditions associated with flickering lights in vision, pain when moving eyes and sudden flash of lights.
- 1-Optic neuritisOptic neuritis is an inflammation of the optic nerve, and causes blurred or dimmed vision and pain.
- 2-Corneal abrasion (scratch)A corneal abrasion is a scratch on the clear part of the eye and causes watery bloodshot eyes, pain, and more.
- 3-Acute sinusitisAcute sinusitis, an inflammation of the sinuses, causes sinus pain and tenderness, facial redness and more.
- 4-Migraine headache (adult)Migraines are a common type of headache that can cause severe pain, aura or flashes in vision, and tingling.
- 5-Ocular migraineOcular migraine usually refers to a type of migraine that can cause temporary blindness in one eye.
- 6-Foreign object in the eyeSymptoms of a foreign object in the eye include pain, stinging, itchiness, redness, tearing, bleeding, and more.
- 7-Retinal detachmentRetinal detachment causes floaters in your vision, flashes of light, blind spots, loss of vision, and more.
Please contact Palm Beach Eye Center as soon as possible if you believe you have any of the above symptoms.